Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Working Through It

Crazy storm happening here in Toronto at the moment rain, lighting, thunder blah enough to wake me from my nap. Can we say summer is officially here? Pretty sure it wasn't even this hot in China dam it Canada your cold in the winter and boiling in the summer is there no in between? T_T

Anyways been a busy week worked my last few shifts at humber over the weekend which had me sleeping at rez while photographing/filming the first ever Smart Serve Leadership Development event which was pretty awesome, met a lot of cool people and some friends I haven't seen in awhile and also made some memories I'll never forgot one including a not so present roommate.....crazy rommie check my college life is now complete. ^_^

Did a small shoot on Tuesday here are a few images that im currently editing. Since I'm no longer @ Humber I'm now without studio, lights, and large access amount of gear; however, that's not going to stop me from shooting can always rent studios or lights for my commercial shots and use natural light and reflectors for food shoots which I already do, so I'm not worried at all as long as ideas keep coming through alls good. Just bought a new lens as well the Nikkor 50mm 1.8 never really used a 50 till this week to be honest used to using a 85mm, 20mm and others. Food shots coming up were all taken with the 50mm, think next purchase (once i pay off osap and bills...so 5 years? T_T) will be the 105mm and 85mm.

 Still got a ways to go in terms of styling/shooting the more I look at these images the more they piss me off....not in a bad way in terms of little mistakes and lessons to learn...if that makes sense... the top one is earlier on in the day so there is a difference in light. Both images need to be cleaned up more before I decide which I prefer. First time cooking/touching clams btw dropped one under my oven thats gonna smell in a bit T_T. Btw T_T = a crying face ^_^
Like my new background? went to home depot and bought some wood walked out with them in my duffle bag like a boss lol. Used some old paint I had laying around for like 10 years, which probably wasn't the best thing to open in my bedroom at like 1 am....


P.s brushing on the no equipment not the end of the world thing I took this photo a couple months ago using one Sb-900 and some pieces of white paper as fill in my living room on my kitchen table pretty decent don't you think? Mind you I didn't shot the splashes they are low rez stock images I was using as reference on how I was planning on developing my concept. So yeah you don't have a studio paint a wall, steam a bed sheet, go outside use the god given light source and diffuse it but most of all don't bitch do it, if it's your passion little things like this wont stop you right? Random babble oveeerrr! ^_^


The End.






©2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED KADEISHA RICHARDS

No comments:

Post a Comment